So why would you want to buy coffee through us?
As an importer or as a roaster you will have a number of ideas on what you want to do and how you will do it. You will also have concerns. Perhaps you have established relationships and you are happy?
Addressing Your Concerns
What might your concerns be?
- What coffee are you offering?
- Can I buy small volumes?
- How will it be shipped?
- How can I trust the quality will be good enough
- I am worried I pay for the coffee and it won’t arrive?
- This all seems really complicated.
What Are We Offering?
We are offering a window to buyers for producers who wish to trade directly with their buyers. We are looking to provide new sales channels for farmers to people like you who care about sustainability. We have farmers who want to establish their own routes to markets. They want to change the way they work and their reliance on exchanges and large exporting companies who dictate the price of their coffee.
We are working directly with farmers and small exporters. We believe in a low entry to the marketplace for those producing the coffee. We want to create a shorter value chain. We want to work with buyers who believe the same. Who believe quality should be rewarded and reinvested in future crops. The virtuous circle of investment.
We are looking to generate a sustainable living and return for the farmers who produce the coffee you sell. We imagine you are a buyer with the same ideas.
New & Interesting Coffee
This means we can connect you with new and interesting coffee. So for example, since regulatory control in Ethiopia was relaxed, farmers have been looking for new ways to sell their coffee. This in turn means you can create a competitive edge and pass on new and interesting coffee to those you work with. We provide you with the traceability and background information to the coffee, which means you almost have a ready made marketing package for you coffee.
This means we can connect you with new and interesting coffee. So for examples, since regulatory control in Ethiopia was relaxed farmers have been looking for new ways to sell their coffee. This in turn means you can create a competitive edge and pass on new and interesting coffee to those you work with. We provide you with the traceability and background information to the coffee, which means you almost have a ready made marketing package for you coffee.
We want to make sure the coffee going through our auctions comply with some level of quality. Whilst you are able to request sample to see for yourself, we will independently verify the quality of the coffee.
- We use an independent Q-Grader tell us what they think of the coffee. We will provide a cupping report on the auction platform for each coffee. You can download this and refer to it.
- If the coffee doesn’t meet our threshold then we don’t sell it. We have learnt coffee below 85 does not sell via auction.
- Are you worried about the coffee that arrives not being of sufficient quality?
- We will hold back 15% of the total payment until you sign off the coffee as what you expected.
We are careful to provide a price discovery mechanism for the producers. However we also want buyers to get access to good coffee at a fair price.
- We want to create a sustainable means of coffee production. This means we want the farmers to earn a living wage from their coffee.
- This is important for you; it is important for producers. It creates a virtuous circle of investment, quality and standard of living for producers.